Tuesday, October 8, 2013

C4T #2

Comment #1:
group of teachers discussing material

     I was assigned to J F Hadley's blog for my second C4T.  Her article, Educator's Care, talked about the importance of uniting together as educators to help one another.  She mentioned at the BAMMY Awards in Washington DC there were awards given to teachers for their accomplishments over others.  She didn't believe in pinning one teacher against the other, but that we should be open to helping one another for our students sake.  She mentioned while in Washington DC for this awards thing, she set up a get together for teachers to communicate and discuss the benefits and challenges of being a connected educator.  Apparently some of these educators had only ever met online, so they were thrilled to be able to sit down to a face-to-face conversation.
 
     I thanked her for bringing the importance of other teachers to my attention.  I was focusing so much on becoming a teacher that I forgot how difficult it will be at times.  Her blog helped me realize I need to surround myself with supportive educators once I start teaching.

Comment #2:
the book Role Reversal: Achieving Uncommonly Excellent Results in the Student Centered Classroom

     J F Hadley's second blog post was title, It's Official! I'm an Addict!  She was raving about a book she read, Role Reversal: Achieving Uncommonly Excellent Results in the Student Centered Classroom by Mark Barnes.  Mrs. Hadley was talking about how immediately after reading this book she changed her lesson plans for the next week.  She worked on gathering a project to get her students more interested in history, but her teaching materials fell short.

     I commented thanking her for sharing this.  I have been a little scared with not being totally prepared in my lessons, and she showed that you have to be willing to change things. Be flexible!  I also told her she inspired me, as a future history teacher, and gave me some ideas to use with my teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment